What to ask your doctor about treatment for cancer of unknown primary
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What do you know about my cancer?
- What treatment would you recommend and why?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- How long will I be in hospital for?
- How often will I have to come back to hospital?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- How long will they last?
- What do you expect the treatment to achieve?
- Will I have any hair loss?
- When will my hair grow back?
- Can you arrange a wig for me on the NHS?
- Will I have difficulties with eating and drinking?
- What can I do about my diet?
- Is there a clinical trial that may be suitable for me?
- Will the trial help me?
- What is my expected prognosis?
- What follow up will I have after my treatment?
- Can I be referred to a specialist nurse?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team