What to ask your doctors about testing for cancer of unknown primary (CUP)
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What tests are you going to do?
- Why do I have to have these tests?
- Will the tests help to find the primary cancer?
- Are you going to do blood tests?
- What types of primary cancer are you checking for?
- Are any of these tests painful?
- Are there any risks with any of these tests?
- Can I eat normally before these tests?
- What are the side effects of these tests?
- Do I have to stay in hospital for any of these tests?
- Can I bring someone with me when I have the tests?
- How long will it take to get the test results?
- Who will give me the test results?
- What happens if you can't find the primary cancer type?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team