What to ask your doctor about treatment for thyroid cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What stage is my thyroid cancer?
- What treatment do you recommend for me?
- Do I have any choice of treatments?
- What do you expect the treatment to achieve?
- How quickly is my cancer likely to grow?
- Is my cancer likely to spread?
- What is the chance of the cancer coming back after treatment?
- Can I have a second opinion?
- Is there any experimental treatment I could try?
- Is there a clinical trial suitable for me?
- Will I need to take thyroid hormone tablets after my treatment?
- Will I always have to take these?
- What follow up will I have after my treatment?
- What should I do if I am worried between appointments?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 6 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team