What to ask your doctor about diagnosing testicular cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Which tests are you going to do?
- What can each test show?
- After the tests will you know for sure whether I have cancer?
- If I have cancer will you know whether it has spread?
- How long will I have to wait before having the tests?
- Are they painful?
- How should I prepare?
- Can I go home straight after the tests are done?
- How long do the results take?
- How will you tell me about the results?
- What type of testicular cancer do I have?
- Can you do a biopsy instead of removing my testicle?
- Can I have a false testicle (prosthesis) put in during my operation?
- What are the blood tests for?
- What did they show?
- How often will I need blood tests?
- Are you part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT) which specialises in treating testicular cancer?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 12 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team