What to ask your doctor about soft tissue sarcoma radiotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending radiotherapy for me?
- Is there another treatment I could have instead?
- What will the treatment involve and how long will it last?
- Which areas will be treated?
- Will I have any side effects when I am having the treatment?
- How often will I have to go to hospital?
- Will I have to be away from work / college for the whole course of treatment?
- Can I get financial help with travelling costs to and from the hospital?
- What are the long term side effects?
- What is the risk of those long term side effects happening to me?
- Is there a number I can ring if I'm worried about anything?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team