What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for soft tissue sarcoma
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending chemotherapy for me?
- What will the chemotherapy do for me?
- How will I have the chemotherapy?
- Can I have a central line or PICC line put in?
- Will I need a general anaesthetic to have a central line put in or can you use local anaesthetic cream (EMLA)?
- Who will look after the central line if I have one?
- What are the names of the drugs I'm going to have?
- How often will I have them?
- What are the side effects?
- What can I do to reduce the side effects?
- How long will the treatment last?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital?
- Who should I contact if I'm worried about anything?
- Is it possible to get help with fares or transport to and from the hospital?
- Are there any long term effects of this treatment?
- Is there a clinical trial that is suitable for me?
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team