What to ask your doctor about living with soft tissue sarcoma
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How will my treatment affect me?
- I live on my own – how will I manage when I come out of hospital?
- Is it possible to stay somewhere for convalescence?
- How do I get to see the social worker here?
- Is there anything I shouldn’t do after limb sparing surgery?
- What should I do if I am worried about my arm / leg?
- If I need an amputation, when will I get a false limb (prosthesis)?
- Will I have to pay for a prosthesis?
- Who will help me get used to the prosthesis?
- Do I need any special rehabilitation?
- How often will I need a new prosthesis?
- What problems should I look out for with my prosthesis?
- Will I get back to normal, or will I have some long term effects?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Where can I get help with claiming benefits and grants?
- What practical help is available?
- Where can I get help dealing with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- Could you refer me to a specialist nurse?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team