What to ask your doctor about treating salivary gland cancer
This page has suggestions for questions you might like to ask your doctor about treatment for cancer of the salivary gland.
- How do you tell the stage of the cancer?
- What can you tell me about the stage of my cancer?
- If you are not sure about the stage, when will you know?
- What type of treatment do I need?
- What written information can you give me about these treatments?
- Do I have a choice of treatments?
- What are the risks and benefits of the treatments?
- What are the side effects?
- Is there anything I can do to help reduce side effects?
- What pain control can you offer me?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital for treatment?
- Is there any transport available?
- Is it possible to have any help with the cost of fares to the hospital?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Can I have a second opinion?
- Are there any experimental treatments or research trials that might help me?
- Is there a counsellor here I could talk things through with?
- How often will you see me when my treatment finishes?
- What will happen at my follow up appointments?
- What should I do if I am worried between appointments?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team