What to ask your doctor about surgery for salivary gland cancer
This page has suggestions for questions you may want to ask your doctor about salivary gland cancer surgery.
- Why do I need an operation?
- What exactly are you going to do?
- Could you draw me a diagram to help me understand the operation?
- Will the surgery cure my cancer?
- What are the risks and benefits of having this operation?
- What are the long term effects?
- What will I look like after the operation - do you have any photos?
- Will I have pain afterwards?
- How long will I have a drip?
- When will I be able to start eating again?
- Will I be able to eat and drink normally once I’ve recovered from the surgery?
- What are the possible complications of this type of operation?
- Will I need any other treatment as well as surgery?
- Is there any treatment I can have instead of surgery?
- What will happen if I don’t have the operation?
- How long will it take me to get better?
- How can I help myself get over the operation?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team