What to ask your doctor about coping with salivary gland cancer
This page has questions about living with salivary gland cancer. You may want to ask your doctor
- How will my treatment affect my appearance?
- Will I have any long term effects from my treatment?
- Will I have any trouble with talking after treatment and will this be permanent?
- If I have speaking problems, who can I go to for help?
- Will my treatment affect my sex life?
- Will my treatment make it difficult for me to eat and drink normally, and will this be permanent?
- If I have difficulty eating, who can I go to for help?
- Will I need a special diet?
- Is there anything I shouldn’t eat?
- Will I need any extra vitamins or other diet supplements?
- How do I see a dietician?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Where can I get help with claiming benefits and grants?
- What practical help is available?
- Are my children at risk of getting a head and neck cancer?
- Why did this happen to me?
- Where can I get help dealing with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- Could you refer me to a specialist head and neck nurse?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team