What to ask your doctor about coping with a rare cancer
This page has suggestions for questions about living with a rare cancer that you may want to ask your doctor
- Can you put me in touch with other people who have the same type of cancer?
- Will I ever get back to normal or will I have some long term effects?
- Where can I get help with claiming benefits and grants?
- What practical help is available?
- Is anyone else in my family at increased risk of getting this or other cancers?
- Why did this happen to me?
- Will my treatment affect my sex life?
- Will I need a special diet?
- Is there anything I should or shouldn’t eat?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Where can I get help dealing with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- Could you refer me to a specialist nurse?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team