What to ask your doctor about penile cancer surgery
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending surgery?
- Are there other treatment options?
- Which type of surgery will I have?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- What painkillers will I need?
- How will I pass urine afterwards?
- How soon can I eat and drink after my operation?
- How should I care for my wound?
- When will my stitches come out?
- Will you remove lymph nodes from my groin?
- Is it possible to have reconstructive surgery?
- Where and when will I have reconstructive surgery?
- Are there any long term side effects?
- Is there a number I can phone if I am worried about anything when I am at home?
- Will I be able to get an erection and have sex after the surgery?
- When can I have sexual intercourse?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team