What to ask your doctor about radiotherapy for penile cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending radiotherapy?
- Are there other treatment options?
- Which type of radiotherapy am I having?
- How do I have the radiotherapy?
- How many days of treatment will I have?
- How long will each session last?
- Can I get help with fares to the hospital?
- Will I need to stay in hospital, if so how long?
- Is it safe to have visitors?
- Are there any side effects?
- When will side effects happen?
- How long will side effects last?
- Is there anything that will help the side effects?
- How should I wash and care for my skin?
- Is there a number I can phone if I am worried about anything when I am at home?
- Are there any long term side effects?
- Will I be able to get an erection and have intercourse after radiotherapy?
- When will I be able to have sex again?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team