What to ask your doctor about surgery for pancreatic cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Is it possible for me to have an operation to try to cure my cancer?
- Why is surgery not suitable for me?
- Why do I need an operation?
- Which type of operation should I have and why?
- Where is my nearest specialist centre for pancreatic surgery?
- What are the risks and benefits of having this operation?
- Will the operation cure the cancer?
- What is the cure rate for my stage of pancreatic cancer?
- What are the long term effects of this operation?
- Will I have pain after this operation?
- Will I be able to eat and drink normally after this operation?
- What are the possible complications of this type of operation?
- Is there a risk of dying because of the operation?
- Will I need any other treatment as well as surgery?
- Is there any treatment I can have instead of surgery?
- What will happen if I don't have the operation?
- How long will it take me to get better?
- How can I help myself get over the operation?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team