What to ask your doctor about radiotherapy for oesophageal cancer
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending radiotherapy for me?
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- Do I need external radiotherapy or internal or both?
- Is there any choice of treatment?
- How long will the treatment take?
- Is there any help I can get with paying my fares?
- How long will it take to get over the treatment?
- What are the short and long term side effects of the treatment?
- Should I eat a special diet during the treatment?
- Is there anything I can do to help with side effects?
- Is there a number I can call if I'm worried between appointments?
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 8 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team