What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for oesophageal cancer
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- Why do you think I need to have chemotherapy
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- Is there any choice of treatments?
- How will I have the treatment?
- Will I need to have a central line?
- What are the long and short term side effects?
- What can be done to help with side effects?
- Who do I call if I'm at home and have signs of infection?
- How long will the course of treatment last?
- Can I have all the treatment as an out patient or will I have to stay in hospital?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital?
- Is there anything I will have to do at home (for example change the chemotherapy bags in a pump)?
- What if I cannot manage?
- Is there a number I can call between appointments if I'm worried about anything?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team