What to ask your doctor about treating advanced oesophageal cancer
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- What treatment do you recommend?
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- Is there any choice of treatment?
- Who can help me with controlling symptoms of my cancer?
- What treatment can I have for difficulty with swallowing?
- Can you refer me to a symptom control nurse?
- What painkillers do you recommend?
- What are the side effects?
- Do these tablets cause constipation?
- What can you give me to help prevent constipation?
- What can you offer to help control sickness?
- Would an operation / radiotherapy / chemotherapy help with my symptoms?
- Are there any new treatments I could try or clinical trials I could join?
- Can I be treated at home?
- What if I decide not to have treatment?
- Is there anyone I can talk to about how I feel?
- Is there a number I can call if I'm worried between appointments?
Rated 2 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team