What to ask your doctor about treatment for non Hodgkin lymphoma
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- What type of non Hodgkin lymphoma do I have?
- What grade is my lymphoma and what does that mean?
- What stage is my lymphoma and what does that mean?
- What is the likely outcome (prognosis) for me?
- What sort of treatment do I need?
- Is the aim of the treatment – to cure my lymphoma or control it?
- Is there a choice of treatment?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Will I have to have any surgery?
- Will I need to take steroids as part of my treatment?
- What side effects should I look out for?
- What written information can you give me about my treatment?
- Is there a specialist nurse I can see?
- Could you arrange for me to have a second opinion?
- How often will you want to see me after my treatment is finished?
- What will happen at these follow up appointments?
- Is there a number I can call if I am worried between appointments?
- Is there anything I should be looking out for?
- Will I be able to have more treatment if my lymphoma comes back?
There are more suggestions for questions at the end of the sections about
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 9 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team