What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for non Hodgkin lymphoma
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending chemotherapy for me?
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- How long will the course of chemotherapy be?
- How often will I have to go to the hospital?
- Can I have the treatment as an outpatient or will I have to stay in hospital?
- Is there any other choice of treatment?
- What are the side effects likely to be?
- What can you or I do to help with side effects?
- What written information can you give me about the treatment?
- Can you arrange a wig for me on the NHS?
- Will I still be able to have children after the treatment?
- Will the treatment cause an early menopause?
- How will you treat an early menopause if it happens?
- Is there any way I can keep my fertility?
- Can I have eggs or embryos frozen before my chemotherapy?
- Can you arrange sperm banking for me before I start my chemotherapy?
- Is there a number I can call if I'm worried between appointments?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team