What to ask your doctor about nasopharyngeal cancer treatment
This page contains questions about nasopharyngeal cancer treatment. You may wish to ask your doctor
- What can you tell me about the stage of my cancer?
- How do you tell the stage of the cancer?
- If you are not sure about the stage, when will you know?
- What type of treatment do I need?
- What written information can you give me about these treatments?
- Is there any choice of treatments?
- What are the risks and benefits of the treatments?
- What are the side effects?
- How can I help to reduce the side effects?
- What pain control can you offer me?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital for treatment?
- Is there any transport available?
- Is it possible to have any help with the cost of fares to the hospital?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Are there any experimental treatments or trials that might help me?
- Is there a counsellor here I could talk things through with?
- How often will you see me when my treatment is finished?
- What will happen at my follow up appointments?
- What should I do if I am worried between appointments?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team