What to ask your doctor about nasal and sinus cancer surgery
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do I need an operation?
- Which type of operation should I have and why?
- What exactly are you going to do?
- Could you draw me a diagram to help me understand what you are planning?
- Will the operation cure my cancer?
- What are the risks and benefits of having this operation?
- What are the long term effects of this operation?
- What will I look like after the operation?
- How will my appearance change as I recover?
- Will I have pain after this operation?
- How will I breathe after my operation?
- Will I be able to talk after this operation?
- How long will I have a drip after surgery?
- When will I be able to start eating again?
- Will I be able to eat and drink normally after this operation?
- Will I get help with my diet after the operation?
- What are the possible complications of this type of operation?
- Will I need any other treatment as well as surgery?
- Is there any treatment I can have instead of surgery?
- What will happen if I don’t have the operation?
- How long will it take me to get better?
- How can I help myself get over the operation?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team