What to ask your doctor about nasal and sinus cancer chemotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do you think I need to have chemotherapy?
- What will the chemotherapy do for me?
- How will I have the chemotherapy?
- Will I need radiotherapy and chemotherapy together?
- Are the side effects for the combined treatment any different?
- What will the side effects be?
- How can you and the nurses help me cope with the side effects?
- Can any side effects be prevented?
- How long will the treatment last?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital?
- Is it possible to get help with fares or transport to and from the hospital?
- Is there anything I will have to do at home (for example change the chemotherapy bags in a pump)?
- What if I cannot manage?
- Are there any long term side effects of this treatment?
- Is there a clinical trial that is suitable for me?
- Is there anything I should avoid doing?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team