What to ask your doctor after nasal and sinus cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How will my treatment affect me?
- Will I ever get back to normal, or will I have some long term effects?
- How will my speech be affected?
- How will I communicate with people after my operation?
- How will my breathing be affected?
- Will my hearing be affected?
- How can I get help with hearing loss?
- Will my sight be affected?
- How can I get help with changes in how well I see?
- How will I look after my operation?
- What can be done to hide any scars I may have?
- Will my treatment affect my sex life?
- If I have difficulty eating, who can I go to for help?
- Will the treatment affect my sense of smell?
- Will my sense of smell improve over time?
- Will I need a special diet?
- Is there anything I shouldn’t eat?
- Will I need any extra vitamins or other diet supplements?
- How do I see a dietician?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Where can I get help with claiming benefits and grants?
- What practical help is available?
- Why did this happen to me?
- Are my children at risk of getting a head and neck cancer?
- Where can I get help dealing with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- Could you refer me to a specialist nurse for support?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team