What to ask your doctor about treating myeloma
Some questions you might ask your doctor or nurse
- What treatment would you recommend and why?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- Are there any other treatment options?
- How long will I be in hospital for?
- How often will I have to come back to hospital?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- How long will they last?
- What are the long term side effects?
- What do you expect the treatment to achieve?
- What is the chance of the myeloma coming back after treatment?
- Will I be able to go back to work after this treatment?
- Will I still be able to have children after this treatment?
- Who can I talk to about fertility issues before starting treatment?
- Will the treatment cause an early menopause?
- How can you treat an early menopause?
- Can you arrange sperm banking for me before I start my treatment?
- Will I have any hair loss?
- When will my hair grow back?
- Can you arrange a wig for me on the NHS?
- Will I have difficulties with eating and drinking?
- What can help me to eat and drink as well as possible?
- Is there a clinical trial I may be suitable for and will it help me?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 12 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team