What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for mouth cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do you think I need to have chemotherapy?
- What will the chemotherapy do for me?
- How will I have the chemotherapy?
- What will the side effects be?
- How long will the treatments last?
- How often will I have to go to the hospital?
- Is it possible to get help with fares or transport to and from the hospital?
- Can I still take the holiday I have planned?
- Should I take time away from work?
- Is there anything I will need to do at home, such as changing the chemotherapy pump?
- What if I can't manage?
- Are there any long term side effects of this treatment?
- How will you test to see if the chemotherapy is working?
- Is there a clinical trial that is suitable for me?
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team