What to ask your doctor about living with mouth cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How will my treatment affect me?
- Will I ever get back to normal or will I have some long term effects?
- How will my speech be affected?
- How will I communicate with people after my operation?
- How will my breathing be affected?
- Will my hearing be affected?
- How will I look after my operation?
- What can be done to hide any scars I may have?
- Will my treatment affect my sex life?
- If I have difficulty eating, who can I go to for help?
- Will I need a special diet?
- Is there anything I shouldn’t eat?
- Will I need any extra vitamins or other diet supplements?
- How do I see a dietician?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Where can I get help with claiming benefits and grants?
- What practical help is available?
- Where can I get help to deal with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- Could you refer me to a specialist nurse?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team