What to ask your doctor about surgery for mesothelioma
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Is it possible for me to have surgery for mesothelioma?
- You say surgery won't help me - why is that?
- Can I get a second opinion on whether surgery will help me?
- Why are you suggesting surgery for me?
- What do you expect the treatment to do for me?
- What exactly will you do?
- Is there anything I can do to get ready for the operation?
- What are the possible complications of this sort of operation?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- Is there anything I can do to help myself recover?
- Where will I be when I wake up?
- How soon can my family visit me?
- Is there anything I shouldn't do after the operation?
- How long will it take me to get over the surgery?
- How well should I expect to be once I have got over the operation?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team