What to ask your doctor about lung cancer chemotherapy
Questions you may want to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for lung cancer.
- Why are you recommending chemotherapy for me?
- What do you hope the treatment will do for me?
- How will you know if the treatment is working?
- If it isn't working will you stop the treatment?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- How often will I have to go to the hospital?
- Can I have the treatment as an outpatient or will I have to stay in hospital?
- How long will the course of chemotherapy be?
- Is there any other choice of treatment?
- What are the side effects likely to be?
- What can I do to reduce the side effects?
- Are there any new treatments in clinical trials that may help me?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 12 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team