What to ask your doctor about lung cancer tests
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- Which tests are you going to do?
- What are you looking for?
- Will the tests show whether I have cancer and how reliable are they?
- Is there anything I have to do beforehand to prepare for the tests?
- Are any of the tests painful?
- Do any of the tests have after effects?
- Can I have all the tests as an outpatient or do I have to come into hospital?
- Can I choose whether to have a sedative or general anaesthetic for any of the tests?
- Can I bring someone with me when I have the tests?
- How long will it take to get the results of the tests?
- Who will give me the test results?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 28 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team