What to ask your doctor about treating liver cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What do you know about my cancer?
- Has my cancer spread?
- What is the stage of my cancer and what does this mean for me?
- What treatment would you recommend and why?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- What are the possible side effects of this treatment?
- How long will they last?
- If I have chemotherapy will I have any hair loss?
- If I lose my hair, when will it grow back?
- Can you arrange a wig for me on the NHS?
- How long will I be in hospital for?
- How often will I have to come back to hospital?
- What do you expect the treatment to achieve?
- What are the chances of my cancer returning?
- Will I have difficulties with eating and drinking?
- If I have problems with eating and drinking can you refer me to a dietician?
- Is there a clinical trial that I may be suitable for and will it help me?
- What follow up will I have after my treatment?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 18 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team