What to ask your doctor about surgery for liver cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How can you tell if surgery is possible for me?
- What tests will I need to have?
- What type of operation should I have?
- Will the operation cure my cancer?
- How long will the operation take?
- Is it possible to have a liver transplant - if not, why not?
- How well will I be after a transplant - will I ever get back to normal?
- How long will it take me to get over this surgery?
- What are the risks and benefits of having this operation?
- What are the long term effects?
- Will I have pain after surgery?
- What can you do for the pain?
- What other side effects will I have?
- Will I be able to eat and drink normally?
- Will I need any other treatment after surgery?
- Is there any treatment I can have instead of an operation?
- How long will it take me to get better?
- How can I help myself recover?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 6 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team