What to ask your doctor about treating kidney cancer
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- What is the grade and stage of my cancer and what does this mean?
- What is the likely outcome (prognosis) of my cancer?
- What type of treatment do I need?
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- Is there written information you can give me about these treatments?
- Is there a specialist nurse I can see?
- What are the short and long term side effects?
- Is there anything that can help with side effects?
- How do I get a second opinion?
- Are there any clinical trials that might be suitable for me?
- How often will I have to go to hospital for treatment?
- Is it possible to have help with paying my fares?
- How often will I have to go for follow up appointments and how long will they go on for?
- What is the risk of my cancer coming back?
- Is there a number I can call if I am worried between appointments?
- Is there anything I should be looking out for?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 11 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team