What to ask your doctor about living with kidney cancer
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- How will my treatment affect me?
- How will I manage with only one kidney?
- What is the risk of getting cancer in my other kidney?
- Will I be able to eat and drink normally?
- Will I need a special diet?
- How can I see a dietician?
- Will I be able to go back to work and take up my usual sports and hobbies again?
- What symptoms am I likely to have?
- Will I be in pain?
- What pain control can you offer?
- What help can I have with controlling symptoms?
- Could you refer me to a symptom control nurse?
- Where can I get help dealing with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- What practical help is available?
- Is there anyone who can help with money matters, including claiming benefits?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 5 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team