What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for Hodgkin lymphoma
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending chemotherapy for me?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital?
- Can I have outpatient treatment or will I need to stay in?
- How long will the course of treatment last?
- What are the likely side effects?
- Will I lose my hair?
- Can I have a wig on the NHS?
- Are there long term side effects?
- What is the chance of me having long term side effects?
- Will I still be able to have children after treatment?
- Will I have an early menopause and if I do, how will you treat this?
- Can I have sperm banking before I start treatment?
- Can I have egg or embryo freezing before I start treatment?
- What will you do if this treatment doesn't work?
- Are there any other treatments I could try?
- Are there any clinical trials I might be able to join?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team