What to ask your doctor about radiotherapy for gallbladder cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending radiotherapy for me?
- Are there different types of radiotherapy?
- Which type will I be having?
- Are there any other types of treatment I could have?
- How will the treatment help me?
- What are the likely side effects?
- How long will they last?
- Is there anything I can do to help with side effects?
- Are there any long term or permanent effects?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital for treatment?
- Can I get help with fares to and from the hospital?
- Is there any transport available?
- Will I have to stay in hospital and if so, for how long?
- Is there a number I can ring if I am worried about anything when at home?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team