What to ask your doctor about advanced gallbladder cancer treatment
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Is my cancer too advanced to be cured?
- How can you tell?
- Can my cancer be controlled with treatment?
- What treatments are available?
- Will the treatment shrink the cancer, or slow it down?
- What are the side effects of the treatment?
- For how long will the treatment work?
- Are there any experimental treatments or trials I could try?
- Could you arrange for me to have a second opinion?
- What happens if I decide not to have the recommended treatment?
- Is there a counsellor here I could talk things through with?
- Will I be in pain?
- What can you offer to control pain?
- Is there a specialist nurse to help us with pain and other symptoms?
- Is there anyone who can give me financial advice?
- Are there any state benefits I can claim?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team