What to ask your doctor about treating chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What stage of CML do I have?
- What sort of treatment do I need?
- Why do you recommend that treatment?
- Are you aiming to cure or control my leukaemia?
- Is there a choice of treatments?
- How long will my treatment last?
- What will the side effects be?
- Can you arrange for me to have a second opinion?
- Is there a clinical trial that I could join?
- Will the treatment permanently affect my ability to have a child?
- What other treatment can I have if this one doesn't work or if my leukaemia comes back?
- How often will I need to come for appointments?
- When will I be able to go abroad for a holiday?
- Can I have immunisations?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team