What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do I need chemotherapy?
- How much treatment will I need?
- What will the side effects be?
- Who can help me manage the side effects?
- Can you prevent any of the side effects?
- Will any of the side effects be permanent?
- How long will the treatment take?
- When will you know if it is working?
- What will happen if it doesn’t work?
- Which drug am I going to have?
- Is there written information I can have about the treatment?
- What should I do if I am at home and worried about a side effect?
- What should I do if I get a temperature?
- Can I have this treatment as an outpatient?
- Will I need high dose chemotherapy and why?
- How long will I have to be away from work / college etc?
- Is there someone who can advise me about benefits?
- Can I get help with travel costs to the hospital?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team