What to ask your doctor about chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) chemotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do I need chemotherapy?
- How much treatment will I need?
- Which drugs are you going to give me?
- How do you decide which drug to use?
- Is there written information I can have about these drugs?
- What will the side effects be?
- Will any of the side effects be permanent?
- Can you prevent or reduce any of the side effects?
- How long will the treatment take?
- When will you know if it has worked?
- What will happen if it doesn’t work?
- What should I do if I am at home and worried about a side effect?
- What should I do if I get a temperature?
- Will I have to stay in hospital and if so, for how long?
- Can I have any of this treatment as an outpatient?
- Will I need high dose chemotherapy and why?
- How long will I have to be off work / college etc?
- What effect will this treatment have on my day to day life?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team