What to ask your doctor about cervical cancer surgery
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Can I have surgery to cure my cancer?
- Why do I need an operation?
- Which type of operation should I have and why?
- Can you do an operation that will still allow me to have a baby afterwards?
- Will you take my womb and ovaries out?
- What else will you remove?
- What are the risks and benefits of this operation for me?
- Will the operation cure the cancer?
- Do I have a choice of treatments for my cancer?
- When I wake up, will I be in pain?
- When will I be able to eat and drink normally afterwards?
- What are the possible complications?
- Will I need any other treatment, as well as the op?
- What are the long term effects of this operation?
- What will happen if I refuse surgery?
- How long will it take me to get over the operation?
- Is there anything I can do to help myself?
- Can I take hormone replacement therapy afterwards?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 4 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team