What to ask your doctor about cervical cancer radiotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do you recommend radiotherapy for me?
- What will the treatment do for me?
- Should I have chemotherapy at the same time?
- Do I need to have internal or external radiotherapy, or both?
- How long will the course of treatment take?
- How many times will I have chemotherapy during my radiotherapy course?
- Do you use low dose rate or high dose rate internal radiotherapy?
- How long will it take to get over the treatment?
- What side effects will I have?
- Is there anything I can do to help stop side effects?
- Should I use vaginal dilators to stop narrowing?
- When should I start using them?
- How long should I go on using them?
- Where do I get them?
- What should I do if I'm worried about a side effect?
- What are the possible long term side effects?
- What are my chances of getting long term side effects?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team