What to ask your doctor about carcinoid surgery
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do I need an operation?
- Which type of operation should I have and why?
- Is there any other choice of treatment?
- What will you do when you operate?
- What are the risks and benefits of surgery?
- What will the side effects be?
- Will there be any long term effects?
- Will I need other treatment as well as surgery?
- If I have bowel surgery, will I have to have a colostomy?
- Will my colostomy be temporary or permanent?
- If I have a colostomy, who can help me cope with it?
- How should I prepare for the operation?
- Will I be in pain after the operation?
- How soon will I be able to eat and drink after my operation?
- Can you arrange for me to talk to someone who has had a colostomy?
- Will the operation affect my sex life?
- Will I have to change my diet after the operation?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team