What to ask your doctor about breast cancer treatment
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- Has the cancer spread?
- What stage is the cancer?
- What grade is my cancer and what does that mean?
- What is the likely outcome (prognosis) of my cancer?
- What type of treatment do I need?
- What is the aim of the treatment
- Is there any choice of treatments?
- Is there a specialist nurse I can see?
- Is there a counsellor I can talk things through with?
- What are the short and long term side effects of the treatments?
- What can I do to help with side effects?
- What written information can you give me about my treatment?
- How often will I have to go to the hospital for treatment?
- Is any transport available?
- Is it possible to have help paying my fares?
- How long will the course of treatment be?
- Could you arrange for me to have a second opinion?
- Are there any experimental treatments or trials you would recommend for me?
- What happens if I decide not to have treatment?
- How often will you want to see me after my treatment is finished?
- What will happen at the follow up appointments?
- Are there any signs of the cancer coming back that I should I be looking out for?
- Is there a number I can call if I'm worried between appointments?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 15 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team