What to ask your doctor about brain tumour treatment
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What can you tell me about the type of brain tumour I have?
- What is the likely outcome for this type of brain tumour?
- What type of treatment do I need?
- What written information can you give me about these treatments?
- Is there any choice of treatments?
- I have a low grade brain tumour, should I see a neurosurgeon?
- Should I have any treatment before surgery?
- Should I have any other treatment after surgery?
- What about radiotherapy or chemotherapy?
- Would stereotactic radiotherapy or radiosurgery be an option for me?
- What are the risks and benefits of these treatments?
- What are the side effects?
- How can I help to reduce the side effects?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital for treatment?
- Is there any transport available?
- Is it possible to have any help with the cost of fares to the hospital?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Can I have a second opinion?
- Are there any experimental treatments or trials that might help me?
- Is there a counsellor here I could talk things through with?
- How often will you see me when my treatment is finished?
- What will happen at my follow up appointments?
- How often will I have a brain scan?
- What should I do if I am worried between appointments?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 14 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team