What to ask your doctor about brain tumour surgery
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What type of operation do I need?
- What do you expect the surgery to achieve?
- Will the operation cure my brain tumour?
- Will I need any other treatment after surgery?
- Is it possible to completely remove my tumour?
- How much of the tumour can be removed?
- How likely is it that the tumour will come back at some time in the future?
- What are the risks and benefits of this operation?
- What are the likely long term effects of this operation?
- How can I best prepare myself for this operation?
- When I wake up will I be in intensive care?
- How long do you expect me to be unconscious after surgery?
- What are the possible complications of this type of operation?
- What will happen if I don’t have surgery?
- Is there any other type of treatment I could have?
- How long will it take me to get over this operation?
- How can I help myself recover?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 8 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team