What to ask your doctor about living with brain tumours
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How long will it take me to recover from the effects of my treatment?
- Will I get back to how I was before the brain tumour?
- Can you refer me to physiotherapy or speech therapy to help me get better more quickly?
- Will I develop long term effects from my treatment and if so, when would you expect this to happen?
- Can you put me in touch with someone to help me deal with my feelings about what has happened?
- Are there any counselling services here I could use?
- Will I have to pay for counselling?
- When will I be able to go back to work / college / school?
- Can I take up my usual sports, hobbies and activities again?
- Is there anything I shouldn't do?
- When will I be able to drive again?
- Is there anyone who can help me with my finances?
- Can anyone help me with claiming benefits and grants?
- Can I go abroad on holiday?
- Will you write a letter to help me get travel insurance?
- How likely is it that my brain tumour will come back?
- How will I know if the brain tumour is coming back?
- If my brain tumour is likely to come back, when is this likely to happen?
- What symptoms will I have?
- What help can you offer to help me cope with my symptoms?
- Can you refer me to a specialist nurse?
- What help can I get at home?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 11 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team