What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for bowel cancer
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending chemotherapy for me?
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- Is there any choice of treatment?
- What are the short and long term side effects?
- How will you help to manage my side effects?
- Is there anything I can do to help with side effects?
- Can you give me any written information about my treatment?
- Can I have treatment as an out patient or will I have to stay in hospital?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital?
- How long will the course of chemotherapy be?
- How will you know if the treatment is working?
- Is there a number I can call if I'm worried between appointments?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 6 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team