What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy for bone cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do you think I need to have chemotherapy?
- What will the chemotherapy do for me?
- How will I have the chemotherapy?
- Can I have a central line or PICC line put in?
- Will I need a general anaesthetic or can you use local anaesthetic cream (EMLA)?
- Who will look after the central line or PICC line if I have one?
- What will the side effects of the chemo drugs be?
- How long will the treatment last?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital?
- Is it possible to get help with fares or transport to and from the hospital?
- Are there any long term effects of this treatment?
- Is there a clinical trial that is suitable for me?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team