What to ask your doctor about living with bone cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How will my treatment affect me?
- Is there anything I shouldn’t do after limb sparing surgery?
- What should I do if I am concerned about my arm / leg?
- When will I get a limb prosthesis?
- Who will help me get used to it?
- How often will I need a new prosthesis?
- What problems should I look out for with my prosthesis?
- Will I have some long term effects?
- Will I ever get back to normal?
- Will I be able to go back to work / school / college?
- Where can I get help with claiming benefits and grants?
- What practical help is available?
- Can I have an occupational therapy assessment to see if I need any changes made at home?
- Where can I get help dealing with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- Could you refer me to a specialist nurse?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 5 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team