What to ask your doctor about tests for bone cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What tests are you going to do?
- What are you looking for?
- Do I need a biopsy?
- If so, will I have it at a specialist centre?
- Will the tests show whether I have cancer?
- Will the tests show whether my cancer can be operated on?
- If so, where will I have the operation?
- Where is the best centre for this type of treatment?
- Are any of the tests painful?
- Do any of the tests have after effects?
- Can I have these tests as an outpatient?
- Should I bring someone with me when I have the tests?
- How long will the results take?
- Who will give me the test results?
- How will you give me the results – by letter, phone or in person?
- Is there a support group in the area or an information centre in this hospital?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 9 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team